Thursday, May 7, 2009

WHITE HOUSE DISCUSSING ABORTION?

Now I've heard everything. A lot has changed in 20 years, but a lot has stayed the same.

In 1988 I was, I believe, fortunate to be named to the Platform Committee of the National Republican Convention and landed on the committee which was responsible for keeping the pro-life plank in the platform. It was quite contentious at times, but we found some common ground without coming to any real agreement. (Yes, there were pro choice Republicans back then as well. I could name names, but you would probably not recognize them anyway.)

Long story short, the choice people were determined to put the "except in cases of rape or incest" in the language. It was at that point that I "shocked the world" by saying, "if that happens I predict an epidemic of rape and incest." I meant of course that anyone who wanted an abortion would make that statement, but it made the nightly news. However, after discussion, it also stopped them from using that angle for a time.

I also shocked both sides by saying that maybe I would agree to a first abortion if they would agree to sterilization at the time of a second abortion. In this day and age I would have said something like "be careful what you wish for" or "beware of the unintended consequences" lines.

Sometimes you need to say something so off the wall that it brings the conversation to a halt and everyone starts looking at a problem with fresh eyes. Today we call it thinking outside the box, which is getting old already, I admit.

The reason for this topic tonight is this warning: don't let Obama fool you. He and his liberal pro-abortion supporters are going to try to sound like good guys looking for agreement in any area at all. NOTHING HAS CHANGED! They want one result and one result only. Total abortion rights up to and including the infanticide practiced due to Obama's support for withholding life support for an infant who has survived an abortion.

Most folks read this during the daytime hours, but as usual I say, Sleep Well-----
After thinking about this on Friday, you may not rest easy Friday night.

God bless...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Sometimes you need to say something so off the wall that it brings the conversation to a halt and everyone starts looking at a problem with fresh eyes."

Or, everyone starts looking at you as if you are a nut. Radicals on any issue appear to the rest of us as insane. Your rants on abortion appear to me insane. I simply don't see the issue the same way you do. Both of the radical sides of this argument make me sick and real life is not as cut and dried as you all pretend.