Saturday, July 3, 2010

One Piece of Good News?

Can't be 100% sure, but I finally talked to a live person in the Medicare office and asked how they were going to determine who should get $250 checks to make a dent in the "donut hole" part of Medicare Part D having to do with prescription drugs.

The answer actually surprised me because it sounded like they had thought it through. The answer is that the insurance companies will report it to the government and they will henceforth issue a check.

Now I'm making a common sense assumption at this point. I am thinking someone has written the software program which makes this totally automatic. Insurance company does this with no extra input and when Medicare gets the message it is also automatically sent to wherever they write the checks or do the automatic deposit thing.

What could be more simple? I plan to see if there is a hiccup along the way by calling my own insurance carrier, but unless notified otherwise, this sounds like a positive government action. This should probably go down in history!

Two more days of a long weekend.
God bless.........

No comments: