Monday, July 26, 2010

NRA - Friend or Foe?

Found out something we didn't know about the NRA the other evening. Perhaps it is general knowledge, but I either didn't hear it properly or just didn't want to accept it. So I spoke to a long time member Thursday evening and asked how they rationalize endorsing Harry Reid when his opponent appears to be much more conservative than he.

The answer was that Harry Reid has been a staunch supporter of the NRA and if he were to be defeated the next majority leader would probably be Charles Schumer or someone equally as liberal. I just had not anticipated finding out that their single issue trumped having any position on any other issue no matter what.

So there you have it. They are complete takers and expect anyone else to give to them with no thought or hint of any reciprocal action. That is one of the problems in this country -- that there are too many people who can and will sit on their duffs and expect others to supply them with the wherewithal to supply them with what they consider the necessities of life. As far as the NRA is concerned, that is all that matters to them--that they can own guns.

Well, folks, I happen to think that there is a lot more to life than owning a gun even though I have stood up for the NRA on many occasions. That will never happen again. When they ask me for anything, the answer will be a resounding "NO!"

I always used to say that I didn't want a gun in my house but wanted my neighbor to be armed. No longer. Guess I should stock up on pepper spray and wasp and hornet spray for defensive purposes.

Sleep well--
God bless........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lola,

How is the NRA any Different from the AARP,NFIB,or any other PAC for that matter?

Over the years, I have belonged to All 3, at one time or another; and all too often found myself Voting for Candidates, other than the ones They Supported...Most often, because the Candidates recommended, only support thier interests as a matter of "Political Expedience"!

I tend to take the Right to Vote very Seriously, and do my very best to make "Informed Choices".

"Single Issue" Voting, Is the Ultimate Excercise in Laziness, and an Insult to thegreater "body Politic"!

Phil