Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hit Me on the Head with a Two By Four!

Yes, I'm like the proverbial donkey who needs a 2 x 4 to get his attention. And what follows is that I'm also guilty of using prayer as a last resort rather the first place I turn as it should be. And now you're wondering what I'm talking about--

Well, here it is: I don't know what gospel you read in your church or the subject of the homily this morning, but in mine we were reminded of the fella who asked his sons to go work in the vineyard with one saying okay and then not following through while the other said he wouldn't go but later thought better of it and went out to work. The message according to our homilist is that God doesn't keep the kind of scorecard that we do and a long, generally good life capped off with some really bad behavior won't be rewarded the same as a long, pretty bad life followed by some good years even though the balance appears nearly equal. It's sorta like "what have you done for me lately?" So this forgiving God keeps giving us chances to reform.

And what does that have to do with politics? Well, I was thinking yesterday that there was no way I could reach all of the so-called practicing Catholic politicians with reason, discussion or argument and that perhaps prayer was the answer. And then along comes the message this morning. I will pray for all of those pro-abortion Democrats (plus Collins and Snowe) and I will let them know about it. I will pop for the postage to send them a note explaining that they still have time to do the right thing.

Whaddya think? Will you join me? Let me know............

See ya tomorrow

No comments: