Friday, April 16, 2010

Weekly Wrap-Up

1-While Tea Party and others were protesting constantly rising taxes yesterday, the President was fund raising and ridiculing us as per usual by "being amused" by our activities and wondering aloud why we weren't thanking him for his tax cuts. WHAT TAX CUTS?

And why would we thank him for putting our children and future generations into bondage to pay the bills for his grandiose plans?

2-Almost forgot--While he was talking to the people at Kennedy Space Center about hitchhiking on Russian space ships so we could save money he was simultaneously stopping the Constellation project. Wonder what he expects the unemployed workers at the Johnson Space Center in Houston who have been working on that project are thinking right now? Do you think they are amused as well?

3-The World Jewish Congress has finally had enough and written a letter to the President asking him to listen to reason and get serious about the problem of the Iranians who believe Israel has no right to exist. Particularly in view of the fact that they are getting closer and closer to being the latest country to be counted in the nuclear power list. Any missile attack by Iran in conjunction with the Palestinians will be directly Obama's responsibility.

Big problem, however. How is it that the American Jewish community can be pushed around and taken for granted by the Democrats and still be counted on as part of their base?

4-I have been trying unsuccessfully since Tuesday to get the exact quote that some of my friends told me about Monday. Mark Schauer has a weekly interview with a local radio personality and as the story is going around Schauer made reference to me by name and said (and "crazy" is not the exact aword, but something derogatory in that vein) either that crazy Lola Peterson or Lola Peterson writes crazy things.

The radio station is, of course, less than forthcoming since apparently the announcer and he have been friends for a number of years. It seems I'm going to have to try some other tactic like asking anyone who was listening on April 2 to give me a call or even offer 5 bucks to the first person who calls in with the "word." Any other ideas?

The only reason I need to call him on it is that my credibility is at stake and I don't want to destroy the trust that many folks have in my opinion on issues and candidates.

Enough for a Friday-
God bless..............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

4-I have been trying unsuccessfully since Tuesday to get the exact quote that some of my friends told me about Monday. Mark Schauer has a weekly interview with a local radio personality and as the story is going around Schauer made reference to me by name and said (and "crazy" is not the exact aword, but something derogatory in that vein) either that crazy Lola Peterson or Lola Peterson writes crazy things.

Tuesday PM, April 20, 2010

So, Lola, did you ever get a final resolution as to the facts in this issue? I'm just a bit curious because I'd like to mention it on a certain other web site that I post to occasionally, but if Schauer isn't really culpable of malfeasance here, I'd just as soon let it go.

Thanks for your help,
Sluggo