Thursday, April 15, 2010

Second Annual April 15th Tea Party

Certainly not as well attended as the first, but since it was scheduled from 4:30 until 7:30 it's logical that a fair crowd would gather early and there would be an ebb and flow to the time frame. My estimate of the size of the crow would be from 76 to 100 with the potential for a few more who came later.

As I recall last year there were a few major speakers but this year we simply opened up the "podium" to anyone who wanted to say a few words and setting a limit of 3 minutes or so. It worked pretty well--folks were respectful and frankly I doubt that there were any anti people in the crowd.

I counted 47 signatures on the Health Care petitions plus giving out 27 pages to people who wanted to get signatures as well.

We covered many of the topics that "everyone is talking about" with some rather poignant personal stories, but it almost seemed rather same old, same old. I'm wondering if that might not be the problem with attendance as well. Is it getting old hat or do folks just figure they know the issues themselves and have little to gain by joining a group.

I believe we missed the boat. In my opinion it's time to start calling up the troops and making plans for the attack 8 months hence. I made the point, but didn't have any takers. It is still a mystery to me as to how they plan to work the campaigns nationwide rather than just focusing on one race in one state. The Republican and Democrat parties are certainly not going to wait to see what the Tea Party is going to do.

We'll just have to wait and see--
God bless...........

No comments: