Monday, December 7, 2009

Pearl Harbor Day

Reminds us that freedom for others as well as ourselves is worth fighting for. It is worth working for. It is, in some instances, worth dying for. What kind of life can we have without the freedoms in our Constitution and Bill of Rights which, even if you accuse me of being a conspiracist, I am convinced many people in our own government are trying to restrict.

Everyone on Facebook doesn't read the blog and vice versa so I need to share why at my age I am still very active in the party which I believe fosters freedom.

The first chapter of the book I am writing for my kids is "When the Music Stopped." Sunday afternoons in our house we listened to the Firestone Symphony Hour and with a 10 year old's memory perhaps not precise, midway through the music stopped and the announcement was made that Pearl Harbor had been attacked.

Because my dad was working on Wake Island, as one way to try to achieve the American dream, that affected us as well as the military people and their families on Hawaii and elsewhere. I learned many lessons through the 47 months he was gone and even more after he returned.

Not a day passes that I do not prayerfully thank those who put their lives on the line for the rest of us and I take it very personally whenever our country is attacked whether it be literally or with subservive methods. And whether it be by foreign entities or even by American citizens.

Over 400,000 men and women died during that Big War and there was no reward other than knowing that the cause was just.

As always--
God bless........

No comments: