Friday, September 11, 2009

Rare Earth - Not the Rock Group

A couple of weeks ago I ran across an article about rare earth elements, over 90% of which can be found in Mongolia/China with smaller amounts in Australia, the U. S. and small pockets around the world. The supply and location is super important given the need for their use in electronics and particularly batteries now that the automotive use is coming on strong. Teeny tiny, itsy bitsy pieces (my word for sub particles and all the scientific jargon that goes along with it) can make a battery last a lot longer.

This is just a teaser. The political implications worldwide are huge as is obvious, so I've picked up a few articles which I'll try to put together for the weekend's posts. Hope you find it as fascinating as I have.

If any of you have any comments as to this topic, I'd sure appreciate hearing about your interest so we can try to cover the subject.

Have a good weekend-
God bless..........

No comments: