Friday, February 13, 2009

Is This What The Lions Feel Like?

It just seems like it's been a long, long season and can only get longer. There were a couple of sparks of hope for a couple of days, but deep in our hearts we knew what the final outcome would be.

It would seem to me, however, that we should petition our new Chairman of the RNC to be much more judicious in spending monies contributed to the cause by helping to support moderate Republicans who cannot be trusted. Many people I know, and my husband is one of them, send money they can ill afford because they really want to help. I, on the other hand, have been burned by the RNC before and if I have any funds available to go out of state, I send them directly to candidates like John Thune and that gal in Atlanta-can't remember her name now. Michigan's Republican Party, including staff and state committee people, are willing to invest their time and funds also, so don't forget them.

I guess this is where I should make a pitch that your local County Republican Committee really needs and hopefully deserves your help as well. It is difficult to appeal to the party faithful when local candidates "use up all the oxygen/money" in the county. For instance, our annual Jackson County Lincoln Day event is February 23 with Terri Lynn Land as our keynote speaker. $50 a head or two for $75. You can get details at www.jacksonrepublicans.com.

God bless.....

No comments: