Friday, January 30, 2009

The Rush Limbaugh Flak

There was a time a few years ago that I opined that if my doorbell rang and I peeked through the curtain to see who it was, there were two people for whom I would not open the door: Bill Clinton because I don't like him and why would I bother? And Rush Limbaugh because there could be no dialogue.

However, if I am in the car between 12 and 3 Eastern, I hear bits and pieces of Rush. And it has always been so. I rarely turn on the radio in the house since we don't have one in every room so in order to listen you'd have to stay in one place and that's not the way it works around here. At any rate, I truly enjoy hearing his point of view and frankly, agree with him on most issues. It's just that he is so full of himself and how does anyone ever have a bona fide discussion with him?

As with my defense of President Bush--he doesn't need my help but sometimes the critics are so ridiculous you just have to say something or burst. And now this business of mixing it up with Obama is another example. I can't defend Rush, he does a good job himself, but I need to make a point here.

I'm scared! We've all talked about jeopardizing the first and second amendments among other topics during the campaign, but deep down we just couldn't believe it would happen. Now I believe it. If that liberal machine really targets the freedom of speech for conservatives and if they can suppress Rush, what chance do the rest of us have?

How many conservative blogs are there? How many would there be if a law were passed that it would cost $5000 a year for a license to blog? And what would it take for this Congress to pass such a law? If we are all cowering in fear over the economic "crisis" and potential job loss, etc., etc. would we even notice if they did it in the dead of night?

Let's all have a great super bowl to take our minds off this stuff for a few hours and spend time with friends and family which is really the important thing, right?
Football! The American way!

God bless....

Stay tuned for some surprising news about Fiat.

No comments: