Monday, January 5, 2009

Oxymorons? Arab Diplomat?

Political Intelligence? Senator Franken? Smart Minnesotan? (remember Gov. Ventura?
not a stretch then, is it?) And on top of all the rest, I heard Eleanor whats-her-name from Newsweek say "political wisdom." Now that's a perfect example. We could have a real contest given the mind set of what is going on in the states and D.C. At this point in time I have a real problem remembering what is good in my home state and how lucky I was to have the school system prevalent back in the day.

What I have no problem remembering, however, is how the Clintons never stopped campaigning right from the start so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Obama is following that lead as well. More campaign rhetoric from a meeting with Pelosi, then Reid and then from the meeting with his financial advisors. It used to be that the news was reported about the results of a meeting, not a campaign speech from the room itself with plenty of cameras. Just a thought........wonder who can get to a camera first from a dead stop: Obama or Schumer.

Just beginning to realize how much upheaval is resulting from the elites who decided that every one of us, whether we wanted to or not, would have to have high def TV by Feb. 17, 2009. NOT! At my age it's not in my budget nor is it on my wish list. It's just not a priority, but I will be inconvenienced by having to put in converter boxes and re-wiring my VCR/DVD units and not being able to tape one show while watching another unless I run a second set. Oh, well........

This column reminds me of the two little wrought iron plaques I have in my kitchen. In no particular order they are: "As soon as the rush is over, I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. I worked for it; I owe it to myself, and nobody is going to deprive me of it" and "God grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change, COURAGE to change the things I can, and, WISDOM to know the difference."
Along with Edmund Burke's "for evil to survive, good men shall do nothing" or words to that effect plus a motto we shared with teenagers in catechism class in the 70s: If you were arrested for being a Christian would there by enough evidence to convict you? Words to live by? At least they are not oxymoronic.

See ya-

No comments: