Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Notice of Change of Frequency of Posting

It seems as though there is so much repetition and campaigning ad nauseum and such lack of credibility that the news of the day any more is trying to put a different slant on the same old, same old. It is b-o-r-i-n-g!

When I had a website from 1998-2004 it was posted on a weekly basis and the hits were generally in the 2500 per month range. At that time the reports were so detailed that you could tell where they were coming from, how long it took them to read the material (or at least how long they stayed at the site) and individual email addresses. It was easy to print out and compare information which helped in formulating what kind of information was accessed and what was largely ignored. This is no longer the case unless you want to pay for it--pretty much everything has a commercial value on it now.

For that reason since the fields of candidates has been winnowed down for the general and within a couple of weeks the State Conventions in Michigan will take care of a few more races, it seems we just won't need to try to find different ways of saying much the same thing any more.

Therefore, I plan to post on a weekly rather than daily basis--we're close to 700 postings and frankly, that's enough.

If I find a subject such as windpower or rare minerals or some of the other topics we have covered before they were "common knowledge" or if there is new info about things we have already discussed, that is what you will find plus anything I think that you may not have already read about in a dozen other places.

I just don't want to waste your time, or mine, any more. I'm thinking I will probably post on Saturdays but that is not cast in stone. I hope and pray that you will have a pleasant last of summer and fall and that we all benefit from the mid term elections.

God bless.......

ps-the big difference as I see it between websites of the early days and today's blogs are the ability to comment. I have looked at others and some folks write paragraph after paragraph which I doubt anyone reads in its entirety, but every once in awhile you find a nugget of wisdom that no one else has thought about yet. I hope we find a few on this blog. Please feel free--

No comments: